Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bell's Oktoberfest

I picked out two American-brewed Oktoberfest beers at the store the other day -- Brooklyn Oktoberfest and Bell's Oktoberfest. 

I'll ruin the surprise right now -- I preferred the Bell's...

This beer pours to a clear, golden color with a medium amount of foam. Very nice appearance.  I picked out some hops, citrus, and malts in the aroma of this beer.  Not an overpowering aroma, but good...

Now -- on to the taste, which I really liked...


Starts out slightly on the bitter side, but not overpowering in this regard.  Bitterness gives way to a nice balance of malt, hops, and some spices.  This blend of spice, whatever it might be, really worked for me.  Not too heavy for the weather, but the right hint of fall.  We've had hints of an early fall here in Ohio, but also some hot/humid days recently, too.  This beer just hit me as being right for this year's summer-to-fall transition. 

I'm going to get some more of this.  Perhaps next year, another Oktoberfest will tickle my fancy.  I'm going to try others this year, too, but this one is a repeat buy, for sure.   Now stop reading this and go get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment