Saturday, August 15, 2009

St. Peter's India Pale Ale

This India Pale Ale comes to us from the U.K. Unlike its American IPA counterparts, the English IPA's tend to be less of a "hops bomb" and a little gentler overall.

St. Peter's is no exception. Hops is, certainly, the dominant feature of this beer. I also picked up one some honey overtones, which made it a touch sweeter than a typical American IPA.

An interesting thing about this beer for me was the aftertaste and feel. While the aftertaste is solidly english hops that build, the feel is almost syrup or honey-like. The beer isn't thick at all, and certainly isn't sweet like this, but the feeling it leaves in the mouth is. It did the same thing to my glass, leaving a well-adhered residue of foam.

Overall, I enjoyed it a great deal. Moderately refreshing, although not as much so as Buckeye, Long Hammer, or Dogfish Head 60. I'll probably pick up another one on a future beer run, as it was less expensive than some of the other beers I bought today and very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment