Saturday, August 15, 2009

More updates coming soon!

I decided that today was a good day to pick up a few out-of-the-ordinary beers. I had the rare confluence of available cash, time, and a store nearby with a decent selection.

With that inspiration, I visited the beer section at "The Andersons General Store" today. It was reasonably well stocked and did have some of the things I was looking for. On a quick observation, it seemed that The Andersons has a larger selection of single bottle import craft beers than Whole Foods, while Whole Foods seems to have more domestic craft beers. It could be related to the day I visited, the season, etc, who knows...

Either way, I picked out some interesting stuff to try.

I picked up a "Taster's Pack" of 4 beers made by the Unibroue Brewing Company out of Canada. Two darks (both Belgian Strong Dark), a Tripel, and an Belgian Strong Pale Ale -- all of which were rated A- or better on Beer Advocate.

I got two different varieties of Weisenstephaner (A Hefe Weissen and a Krystalweissen) from Germany (both also widely regarded as excellent).

A bottle of Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale also made it into my cart, along with a couple of English IPAs that I was not familiar with (Hoppy Otter and St. Peter's). Lastly, to continue to ease into the American IPA offerings, I picked up a 6-pack of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.

This leads to the unmistakable conclusion that some reviews are forthcoming. The only question I have is where to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment