Thursday, August 20, 2009

Otters and the Dog!

Sometimes, I pick up a beer based solely on name...

Tonight, I'm drinking a beer called "Hoppy Otter" -- figured it was a cool name (although "Hoppy Dog" or "Hoppy Toad" would be better), and so worth a try... Plus, I managed to wrench my back yesterday (sciatica) and nothing kills the pain better than a few cold brews!

Hoppy Otter claims to be an "India Pale Ale" and is brewed in England. England is, of course, the home of the original and "true" IPA. However, English IPAs are generally not as "hoppy" as their American IPA counterparts, due largely to the difference in hops. So... here is where the oddity of Hoppy Otter enters the equation... It is an IPA brewed in England using American hops!

I'm enjoying this brew. It isn't a traditional IPA, nor is it an American IPA, but it is kinda good! Different? Yes. Good? Absolutely. Worth a try if the opportunity presents itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment